Alex Culbertson – Associate, Media
1. How would you explain what you do for work in 3 sentences or less to your 7 year old niece?
I make shoes talk, computers smarter, and help you become best friends with your favorite companies.
2. What is the last book you read?
To be completely honest, I recently read The Hunger Games. I had to see for myself what all the hype was about!
3. What is your favorite YouTube video of all time?
Easily the “Hot Cheetos and Takis” music video. Specifically the lyrical magician that comes in at 2:46.
4. If you were a tree, which kind would you be?
A palm tree – mainly for the beachfront property, versatile leaves, and royalties from post card photo ops.
5. Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Aniston?
Jennifer Aniston, dinner would probably go better with someone who hasn’t played Lara Croft or Mrs. Smith.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Great to see this question! I am a huge fan of pastrami. It’s my default order on the lunch menu even if there are other spectacular options available. Buffalo Chicken also has similar pull, but I don’t see it falling in the “lunch meat” category.
7. Have you in the past or would you ever bungee jump or sky dive?
I would pass on bungee jumping and hop out of the plane. The bungee jump fail videos on YouTube have assured me that skydiving usually ends better.
8. What are your favorite smells?
I’d have to say fire and salt water. Both are only good in moderation though – a smokey sweatshirt and yesterday’s board shorts can get pretty unbearable.
9. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to host a game show like Legends of the Hidden Temple or American Gladiators. The path has changed, but if the opportunity came along today it would be quite the personal debate.
10. Are you afraid of anything?
I can’t handle the anticipation, action, and recovery tactics of sneezing while driving. This is something I’m working on.
Bonus: What is your favorite website, blog or online community?
Buzzfeed.com. Their “Faces of Olympic Diving” has both ruined and enhanced the sport for me.